Monday, March 21, 2016

From the shelf: More Than This

Title: More Than This
Author: Patrick Ness
Genre: YA, Science Fiction
Date read: March 14-15, 2016
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

A boy drowns, desperate and alone in his final moments. He dies.

Then he wakes, naked and bruised and thirsty, but alive.

How can this be? And what is this strange deserted place?

As he struggles to understand what is happening, the boy dares to hope. Might this not be the end? Might there be more to this life, or perhaps this afterlife?

From multi-award-winning Patrick Ness comes one of the most provocative and moving novels of our time.


My Review: (also in goodreads)


I was in a bookstore one day just scanning the shelves when I saw this particular book and got curious. I immediately researched all reviews online and bought it saying 'what the heck, this would be like a blind date'. It also helped when a read that John Green had this review telling people to just read it.

The story starts with a very descriptive death of a boy then waking up in a place just hours after. It shifts from Seth's memories to his current state. At first I was confused but at the same time I was curious as I dove in deeper into the story. Its like being confused and addicted at the same time which makes it a brilliant read. If you look at the story in a literal way, you would be too confused at its flow but the nice thing about this was, the story could be interpreted in a much deeper way. There are times where I exclaimed OMG and there was even a time where I wanted to throw the book because I was surprised and that made me a bit dazed. I couldn't do a review without giving anything away so I will just mimic John Green's review: "Just read it". Just pick up the book and try to read it.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...