Saturday, September 5, 2015

From the shelf: Die Again (Rizzoli and Isles #11)

Title: Die Again (Rizzoli and Isles #11)
Author: Tess Gerritsen
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Crime, Thriller
Date read: September 1-3, 2015
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Boston Detective Jane Rizzoli is on the case of a big game hunter found dead in his apartment, alone with the body of a beautiful white snow leopard he had recently been commissioned to procure and stuff for a high-profile museum in the area. 

Medical examiner Maura Isles connects the case to a number of seemingly unrelated deaths where the victims have all been found hanging upside down, the hallmark of a leopard's kill. 
Rizzoli follows the puzzling trail of clues all the way to Botswana, where she uncovers the unsolved mystery of a deadly camping safari six years prior. When she realizes the two cases are connected, Rizzoli must track down the sole survivor of the tragic trip to discover who - or what - is behind these gruesome deaths
.

My Review: (also in goodreads)


Rizzoli and Isles short stories: Freaks

"But in the end, I'm the one who had to save myself. I'm the one who had to die twice, in order to live again..."

The 11th book of the Rizzoli and Isles series still owes up to its predecessor. Tess Gerritsen once again has woven a plot unlike any of the other past books in the series. What liked about her is that every book is not a continuation of the last one but at the same time we could see how the characters evolve.
This time, Rizzoli and Isles' case brings the chase from Boston to Africa.The story goes back and forth between time up until everything falls into place at the end. A serial killer on the loose where you least expect it. I drew some parallels between this and the 1st book. Even the same emotion of being anticlimactic while the killer is revealed is eerily the same. There were times when I read the book where I was so sure he was the killer not until it backfired in the end. There were even times where I wished he was the killer to my despair. Sadly, they were not. It was like the chase had my blood boiling but the revelation stopped the fuse. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this and would definitely wait for the 12th book as I finally watch the series.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...