Saturday, September 20, 2014

From the shelf: Before I Go To Sleep

Title: Before I Go To Sleep
Author: SJ Watson
Genre: Suspense, Thriller
Date read: September 1-2, 2014
Dawn Rates:  (4.5/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads

'As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I'm still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me...' 

Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love — all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story. 

Welcome to Christine's life.
My Review: (also in goodreads)

This blew me away. I would've given this book an easy 5 stars but I should be honest that at first I was confused. Scratch that, sort of bored. But like fine wine, the more I turn the page the more I get sucked in. My curiosity got the better of me. It always made me grip my seat. I'm usually sensitive to plots but this particular story was a blur to me. Christine Lucas having amnesia every time she starts her day is one great mystery enough for me. And as she recalls events from the journal, it seems like that like her, I too wants to know more. For those who haven't read this yet I must say that my favorite scene was the climax at the end, especially the road to the climax. I definitely would recommend this to everyone. The best part is, I just found out that there is a movie this October 2014 with Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth no less.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...