Sunday, February 16, 2014

From the Shelf: Eleanor and Park

Title: Eleanor and Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genre: Young Adult, Romance
Date read: January 19 - February 5, 2014
Dawn Rates:  (4.5/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.

My Review: (also in goodreads)

I was so curious about this book that I had this on my wishlist for our Christmas Party last year and I got it. No one should write about a teenage love story if they haven't felt the whole experience and for me Rainbow Rowell did. She captured the story of Eleanor and Park in the most realistic way possible. At first I was bored of the fact that instead of chapters, the story goes back and forth between Eleanor and Park's point of views. Theirs was a complicated, full bloom experience of what its like to have one's first love. The ending was so realistic and not what I had in mind but I guess as everyone would know, most of the time first loves aren't successful. The experience however makes it worth it.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...