Saturday, September 21, 2013

From the shelf: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3)

Title: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy
Date read: September 21, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.

My Review: (also in goodreads)

Backtrack: City of Bones, City of Ashes
I suppose this would be the last book of the Mortal Instruments trilogy. As a tradition of last books, everything would be gradually revealed. Promises, Vengeance and Betrayal...I've seen them all. It was always a mandatory formula in any fantasy series. I've always had this feeling that Jace and Clary weren't siblings and of course I was right...as to the how and the why, I was fairly satisfied. The battle didn't really take place long enough for me to have this feeling of anxiousness and never-ending palpitations throughout and that a little part of me yearned for more. As for the answers I was seeking at the last book, I'm glad that the author answered them all. Magnus Bane is now totally one of my favorite book characters. I loved Jace and Clary's romantic tension but I think it lacked something but in contrast, I loved Jace's witty remarks and of course Simon's. I do really hope Simon and Isabelle get together and I'm so happy for Jocelyn and Luke. What I wanted to know now were two things: What happened to Sebastian AND Why did the Seelie Queen desperately sought a favor from Clary.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...