Saturday, September 21, 2013

From the shelf: The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window

Title: The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
Author: Kirsty Moseley
Genre: YA, Romance, Chick-Lit
Date read: September 11-12, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.

My Review: (also in goodreads)

This would be one of those romantic, coming of age books that would have made an impact to me. Yes, it would be the interesting plot but mostly because of another book boyfriend that I could add to THE collection: Liam James. I don't know what Amber did in her past life but I think she did something holy for her to be sort of lucky in her life now. Liam is an epitome of a knight and a prince charming rolled into one...a flirty one but still. As I read further into the story, I could feel that Amber is too damn lucky. And the book seemed like something out of a fairy tale. At least they had the father issue to balance it all out and pull them back to reality. All in all, I loved the book especially the parts where Liam was trying to be smooth with his one-liners.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...