Sunday, May 5, 2013

From the Shelf: Everything I Need To Know About Love I Learned From PAPA JACK

Title: Everything I Need To Know About Love I Learned From PAPA JACK
Author: Compilation from Papa Jack

Genre: Filipino Humor, Love and Relationships

Date read: April 30-May 2, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (4/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

“Love is unpredictable.”

Even if you’ve fallen in love a million times, you can’t claim, “Alam ko na ‘yan!” And that’s because “Ang pag-ibig kapag sineryoso, nakakabobo.”

It’s really complicated, but you have to remember, “Sa isang relasyon dapat masaya ka, hindi ka stressed, hindi ka pressured.”

Because “Love is such a wonderful feeling!”

And to those who have not experienced what it is like to be loved, don’t worry, “Lahat ng kaldero, may nakalaang takip.”

365 quotes: Read one love quote a day to keep the love troubles away.

My Review: (also in goodreads)


I am a radio person, even back in elementary...I love listening to the radio. I do watch a ton of TV but when I'm bored, just needs to chill or in a cool-down I listen to the radio.Maybe that is why I know a lot of songs, even those that are already old. My siblings used to tease me that I came from another era wherein I even know the songs from my parents' generation. When I was on field or I came home late from the office I easily get bored...then my officemate told me to listen to 90.7 Love Radio and wait for Papa Jack's show "True Love Conversations" (from 9PM to 12MN) and Wild Confessions (12MN to 2AM)...and I was hooked ever since. That was 5 years ago. Papa Jack is a radio DJ whose show format consist of callers asking for love advices. There are callers that could touch your heart, you might sympathize with them and there are some who are downright idiots that even the DJ would scold him/her on air. He is very blunt and brutally frank that at first a listener would be irritated but you know that he is just stating the facts. He always tells the caller that the moment he answers the call, he will be very blunt and be a friend. This book is a compilation of the stories and quotable quotes he did say on air from the getting to know stage till the end of love. It has humor...mostly Filipino humor, so to foreign friends, they might not understand because of the culture (mostly in taglish format) but this is one feel-good breezy read.

Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...