Wednesday, April 24, 2013

From the shelf: One Week Girlfriend

Title: One Week Girlfriend
Author: Monica Murphy

Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Date read: April 21-23, 2013
Dawn Rates:  (3.5/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.
My Review: (also in goodreads)
Looking beyond the cover of the novel, which is obviously because this is classified as a more mature one (duh), though their story has all the elements of the cliche; wherein Drew Callahan the male protagonist has all the hidden dark and disturbing secrets and that he could be rescued by Fable who has her secrets of her own, this novel still surprised me. He wanted to escape the dark past and the clutches of his b*chy stepmother. Though, I already had an idea about that dark secret, I still had my 'I knew it' moment when Vanessa's supposed identity was finally out in the open. Too bad Drew and Fable had to separate in the end *spoiler alert*. I hoped that they would finally find their happiness but of course I have to read the sequel to find out ^^

Code word: M-A-R-S-H-M-A-L-L-O-W
Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...