Friday, November 23, 2012

From the shelf: The Star Dwellers

Title: The Star Dwellers
Author: David Estes
Genre: Dystopian, Romance
Date read: November 23, 2012
Dawn Rates:  (5/5)

Summary (cr: goodreads)

After rescuing her father and younger sister, Adele is forced to leave her family and Tristan behind to find her mother in the cruel and dangerous realm of the star dwellers. 

Amidst blossoming feelings for Adele, Tristan must cast his feelings aside and let her find her own way amongst the star dwellers, while he accompanies Adele's father to meet with the leaders of the moon dwellers and decide the fate of the Tri-Realms.

Will Adele be able to rescue her mother and make it back to the Moon Realm before the President and the sun dweller soldiers destroy her family?

Can Tristan convince the moon dweller puppets of the error of their ways?

Was Adele's lost kiss with Tristan her one and only chance at love

In her world there's only one rule: Someone must die.

My Review: (also in goodreads)

Once again got this e-book from an event at goodreads because I posted my review for The Moon Dwellers. This is the second book of the Tri-Realm trilogy.

Unlike the first book where I was confused and slightly bored at the beginning, this book is fast-paced and a page-turner. The kind of book where you would always wonder what happens next and that one would reluctantly put down.

Well, I think nobody should blame Tristan just for the fact that he's a sun dweller and the president's son, a choice he didn't make. But I guess he has to work harder for everyone to trust him. On a side note, Roc's wit and humor leveled up, that's for sure.

So many secrets were revealed in this book that it made my heart race the entire time and that trust is a big issue in this sequel.

Mind blowing and heart-wrenching moments (and for the purpose of everyone who didn't read yet I'll be a bit cryptic):
  • The identity of one star dweller general. What a twist!
  • Roc has an interest on....it got me on the edge of my seat, laughing.
  • The secret of president Nailin concerning Tristan and Roc
  • The video conference between Ben, Elsey, Roc, Tristan AND Anna, Tawni, Adele
  • The star dweller spy for the sun dwellers
  • Who was killed during the revelation of the star dweller spy
  • The forum between the star dweller generals
  • The reunion
  • The unexpected death at the peace summit
I got teary-eyed at the aftermath of what happened to the peace summit as I was saddened by this, sometimes a tragedy paves way for something better.

And with that, I can't wait and most definitely anticipate the third book. (Plus I want to know the true meaning of Anna's note about Tristan and Adele). I could honestly say this would be the best book of the series so far. That was awesome.


Till the next read...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...